Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Gratitude Journal: Day 29

Of course I am grateful for the bucket list... family, income, shelter, gospel, etc... but here are a few things I am especially grateful for today!
I am grateful for indoor plumbing.  I can not imagine a life without showers, toilets, kitchen faucets, washing machines, and a toddler to boot!
I am grateful for our infrastructure, the trucking lanes, and the highways that allow ease of travel and things like food shipments to get to our hometowns.  
I am grateful for innovative minds that have made and continue to make everyday "chores" more convenient and easy.
I am grateful to be given the opportunities to learn new things every day.
I am grateful for the Lord letting me borrow from his endless supply of patience and I am grateful for a daughter who seems to drain my supply as fast as I can borrow it.
I am grateful for the trials I have been entrusted with throughout my life.  They have shaped me into who I am today, and even though I'm not perfect I know I'd be a lot less whole without the growth they have provided.
I am grateful for college football.  Fall + NCAA football + Hot Chocolate = SATURDAY ECSTASY!!!!  Really, NCAA football makes life worth living :)
{Brookie Stander}



One thing that has constantly been near the top of my thankful list is the ability to read. I love to read for pleasure and information. Perhaps that was one thing that motivated me to become a teacher. I am so grateful for the great thoughts and words open to me because of my ability to read.

No gratitude list is complete without "family" written down. I have much family to be thankful for.

I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is such a blessing to have the truth and to know that it is true.


{Lara Gelder}

No comments:

Post a Comment