Thursday, September 20, 2012

Iowa Activity: Fry fest, September 7th

Rachel and her husband were able to go to Fry Fest this year. She was generous enough to let us share a little bit about the concert and even a few photos. It looks like a great concert and that they had a fabulous time.

Rachel: A week or so ago was the annual Fry fest ("a celebration of all that is Hawkeye"). Brennan currently works as an intern for the City of Coralville and since they sort of host it, they had him working at the festival all day instead of the office. I think Brennan was perfectly fine with the change of pace. And I was perfectly fine with the concert tickets that came with it. :) 

The evening didn't get off to the greatest start when I headed down to Coralville. I was just meeting Brennan there after his work day. But President Obama was also visiting Iowa City that day so traffic was backed up since they had the freeway blocked for him. That meant I got to walk a long way to the concert. A very long way. I was already running late so this was extra frustrating to me. But I made it! And I even remembered to bring a jacket for Brennan so he could cover up the pink Fry Fest t-shirt he was tired of being seen in-haha. The performers were Lee Brice and Sarah Evans. I don't know their music very well but they both have a couple of songs that I like. We ended up hanging out backstage for the whole concert. All-in-all, it was an evening we got to spend together, away from the house, without a baby, without spending money, listening to good music, and enjoying beautiful weather. So it was great!


Brennan and Lee Brice. During lunch they handed out "meet and greet" passes to the people in Brennan's office. This is the picture they put on Lee Brice's website. Brennan loves the pink shirt. :)



Thanks for sharing Rachel! And for those of us who missed it, it looks like a fun event we can look forward to next year. Have a great rest of the week!

The Literacy Committee

p.s. don't forget there are only 10 days left in the month of September. Make sure to enter your goals in the sidebar of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment