- Become an in-house weekly volunteer:
- Being an In-House Volunteer is a special way to work closely with families staying at the House. In-House Volunteers work one three-hour shift every week (shifts range from 9-12, 12-3, 3-6, 6-9, seven days a week) and perform many important duties at the House. Such responsibilities include driving the Ronald McDonald House shuttle van to and from the hospital, taking families shopping for groceries, or helping clean rooms.
- Click here to apply to be a volunteer.
- Prepare a meal:
- Serving a meal at the Ronald McDonald House is another great way to volunteer. Families staying at the Ronald McDonald House appreciate home cooked meals following a long and stressful day at the hospital.
- Click here for more information about preparing meals.
- Service projects:
- Just as with any home, it takes a lot of work and helping hands to keep the Ronald McDonald House tidy and neat. We always welcome volunteer groups that are interested in performing service projects, such as dusting, sweeping, and cleaning all of the areas of the House. Volunteer groups can also organize craft and game activities for the families and children.
- Help during the Holidays:
- It is always difficult for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House to be away from their home and families during the holidays. From Valentine’s Day to Christmas and Hanukkah, volunteers can assist the staff by making holiday meals and treats for the families and children. Volunteers willing to help decorate the House are also needed prior to the holiday season.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Ronald McDonald House - Volunteer!
The Ronald McDonald House of Iowa City is a great place to volunteer for those looking to assist families during their time away from the hospital. The Ronald McDonald House provides a haven where families can cook a meal, do laundry, relax, share a laugh, and find comfort and support.